Clarkia ‘Elegant Salmon’, Clarkia unguiculata, 50 seeds avg.
Vibrant salmon-toned flowers running along purplish-red stems. Blooms open from the bottom of the stem up and may be double, semi-double, or single.
- A cool-season hardy annual that prefers full sun.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden.
- Do not cover seeds with soil.
- Allow 10-14 days to germinate.
- Space plants 6-9’’ apart in the garden.
- Grows to 36” tall.
- 75-85 days to bloom.
- Winter hardy to zone 8.
- Harvest the central stem at almost ground level, just above the lowest two to three side shoots.
- Future cuts should be made at the stem base.
- For the freshest and longest-lasting cut flowers, harvest when the first flowers on a stem are open, or up to half are open.
- Buds will continue to open after cutting.