Kale ‘Black Magic’, Brassica oleracea, 250 seeds avg.
Deep blue-green leaves are long, narrow, and beautifully textured. Also known as “dinosaur” kale. Open-pollinated.
- A cool-season crop that prefers full sun.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date or sow seeds directly in the garden.
- Sow seeds ¼-½” deep and cover with soil. Allow 5-10 days to germinate.
- Space plants 12-18” apart in rows 18-36” apart.
- Kale prefers growing temperatures between 55-75℉.
- Around 51 days to maturity from transplant date or 65 days from direct sowing date.
- Clip individual leaves to harvest.
- Light frost improves flavor.