Sunflower ‘TGW ProCut Fall Medley’, Helianthus - 50 or 150 seeds avg
- 4-6” pollenless beautiful blooms.
- Full sun.
- Easy to start from seed in the garden or start indoors to get an earlier start.
- Plant out after last danger of frost.
- Plant spacing determines sunflower head size: 6″ apart make nice bouquet size heads of 4″, for larger flower heads plant 12″ apart in the garden.
- 55-60 days to bloom.
- Expect 60” tall.
- Harvest sunflowers when they are just beginning to open and the petals are unfolding. This prevents the pests from nibbling on the petals.
- These are all one bloom harvests, make the cut to the desired length.
- Control the size of the flower head by the spacing of the plants in the garden. 6″ x 6″ spacing produces a nice 4″ bloom. 9″ x 9″ spacing will produce a larger bloom. This is true with most sunflowers.