Strawflower ‘Creamy White’, Bracteantha bracteata, 100 seeds avg.
Papery blooms in shades of soft cream and pale lemon yellow. A long-lasting cut for fresh and dried use.
- A cool-season hardy annual that prefers full sun.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden.
- Do not cover seeds with soil.
- Allow 7-10 days to germinate.
- Space plants 9-12" apart in the garden.
- Grows to 36-48" tall.
- 75-85 days to bloom.
- Winter hardy to zone 8.
- Harvest the central stem at almost ground level, just above the lowest three to four side shoots.
- Future cuts should be made at the stem base.
- Harvest when the center is developed and the bracts, which look like petals, are almost completely unfolded.
- Hang to dry.