Pea, Shelling ‘Bistro’, Pisum sativum, 100 seeds avg.
Compact, upright plants produce excellent-tasting peas, with 7-8 peas per pod. Open-pollinated.
- A cool-season crop that prefers full sun.
- Sowing seeds directly in the garden is recommended.
- Sow 1½-2” apart in rows 18-36” apart.
- Sow seeds ½-1” deep and cover with soil.
- Allow 7-14 days to germinate.
- Do not thin.
- Peas prefer cooler weather, and yields decrease as weather warms.
- 63 days to maturity.
- Harvest pods once peas are mature and tender.
- Sow successions every 10 days for a steady supply.